To set up Avast Omni, first install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on your main Windows device. After installation is complete, connect your Avast Omni hub to your network router, and use the Avast Omni Family Guardian app to configure and set up your home network security. For detailed instructions, refer to the relevant sections in this article.
After setting up your Avast Omni hub, you can install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on other Android and iOS devices that you want to use to manage your home network. All other family members in your household must use the Avast Omni Family Member app on their devices.
Install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on a Windows device
When you purchase Avast Omni as an upgrade from another Avast Windows product, the Avast Omni Family Guardian app is automatically downloaded, and you are prompted to install the app on your device. Once the app is installed, you need to log in to activate your license (steps 6-8 below).
If you purchased Avast Omni in a different way, you need to install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on a Windows device first by following the instructions below:
- Click the button below to download the Avast Omni Family Guardian app. Alternatively, click the download link in your order confirmation email, or log in to your Avast Account and download Avast Omni from the My Subscriptions page. Download Avast Omni
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_omni_setup_onlineand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue on older versions of Windows).
- Click Install.
- Wait while your PC installs Avast Omni.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your Avast Account credentials and click Login. If you don't have an Avast Account yet, click Create Account and enter the same email address you used to purchase Avast Omni. Alternatively, select Login With Facebook or Login With Google, then enter your account credentials.
If you previously skipped the login screen, go to ☰ Menu ▸ Log in to Avast Account to access the login screen again.
If your account does not have an Avast Omni subscription, you are prompted to enter a valid activation code. Your activation code can be located in your order confirmation email.If you cannot find your order confirmation email, you can request a copy of the email via the Avast website by providing the same email address you used to make the purchase.
- Click Get Started.
The Avast Omni Family Guardian app is now installed on your Windows device and ready to configure with your Avast Omni hub.
If you already have your Avast Omni hub, refer to the Set up Avast Omni hub section of this article.
Set up your Avast Omni hub
When your Avast Omni hub arrives, follow the first time configuration instructions below to configure your Avast Omni hub with your home router and the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on a Windows device.
Your Avast Omni hub is now configured and you can use the Avast Omni Family Guardian app to manage your home network.
To learn more about how to protect your household using Avast Omni, refer to the following article:
Install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on other devices
After setting up your Avast Omni hub, follow the instructions below if you want to manage your home network using a device other than the Windows device you used to set up your Avast Omni hub.
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher
- Apple iOS 11.0 or higher
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch