Before you begin the installation, ensure that you are logged in with administrator permissions, all other programs and internet browsers are closed, and any previous antivirus software is uninstalled.
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra), Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra), Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan).
- Intel based Mac computer with 64-bit processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred).
- 256 MB minimum hard disk free space.
- Internet connection (to download and register the product, for automatic updates of the program and antivirus database).
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
There are two possible scenarios of the Avast Passwords installation:
- If you use Avast Security for Mac and if you did not uncheck the download option for the Avast Passwords during the Avast Security installation, Avast Passwords has been already downloaded to your Mac. Follow the steps in the Avast Security section to install Avast Passwords.
- If you do not use Avast Security for Mac, you need to download and install Avast Passwords. Follow the steps in the App Store section to download and install Avast Passwords.
Once Avast Passwords is installed, you can open it directly by clicking the app icon or by going to Tools in Avast Security and clicking Open in the Avast Passwords section.
- Avast Passwords 1.x
- Avast Security Pro 13.x for Mac
- Avast Security 13.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)