To install Avast Security or Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Security Pro), follow the instructions below:
Install Avast Security
- Download the Avast Security for Mac setup file by clicking the button below. Download Avast Security for Mac
- Double-click the downloaded setup file
avast_security_online.dmg(by default, in your downloads folder).
- Double-click Avast Security.
- Click Continue to determine if Avast Security can be installed.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue to confirm that you have read the Avast End User License Agreement.
- Click Agree to confirm that you accept the terms.
- Click Install. Alternatively, if you would like to make changes to the default setup, click Change Install Location... or Customize.
- If prompted, use your Touch ID to grant permission for the installation, or click Use Password..., then enter your Administrator password and click Install Software.
- Click Close.
Avast Security is installed on your Mac. To start using Avast Security, click Continue With Free. If you have purchased a subscription for Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Security Pro), refer to the following article for detailed activation instructions:
- Avast Security 14.x for Mac
- Avast Premium Security 14.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)