HTTPS scanning is a component of Web Shield in Avast Antivirus. HTTPS scanning protects your PC against malware delivered by TLS and SSL encrypted HTTPS traffic when you browse the web. This feature is enabled by default, however you can disable it in Web Shield settings.
Manage HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
To enable or disable HTTPS scanning, follow these steps:
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- Select Components from the left panel, then click Customize next to Web Shield.
- Tick or untick the box next to Enable HTTPS scanning to turn the feature on or off.
If you only want to exclude specific sites from scanning, select Exclusions from the left panel, and add the URLs of the sites that you want to exclude from scanning to the URLs to exclude section. This excludes both HTTP and HTTPS pages at the specified domain from scanning. For more information about setting exclusions, refer to the following article:
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Avast Ultimate 17.x
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit