This article contains instructions for when Avast SecureLine VPN for Mac displays the "We've got something" error message. This error occurs when the VPN fails to connect, and contains a 6-digit error code, or multiple 6-digit error codes.
To temporarily resolve this issue, change your server location. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
If this does not resolve the VPN connection issue, follow the steps in the Instructions section of this article.
- Temporarily disable any third-party firewall or antivirus applications, then try connecting to the VPN again. Firewalls and antivirus programs can sometimes interrupt VPN connections. For instructions, refer to the vendor's support documentation according to your firewall or antivirus software.
- Test your Wi-Fi network by connecting to a different Wi-Fi network, or by creating a mobile hotspot. For instructions, refer to the vendor's support documentation according to your Wi-Fi router or mobile device.
- Change your DNS settings. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- If the issue persists, try to reinstall Avast SecureLine VPN for Mac by following the steps below:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, contact Avast Support. Ensure to include the error code and troubleshooting steps you've already tried.
- Avast SecureLine VPN 3.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)