Sometimes Avast Antivirus reports that the UI Failed to load, which stops the whole program from running. This issue may be the result of an incorrect Windows services configuration.
If clicking Restart Service on the error message does not help, then you need to set the relevant Windows services to run automatically by following the steps in this article.
If the issue still persists after performing all the steps from the instructions above, it is recommended that you reinstall Avast Antivirus.
- Refer to the following article for uninstallation instructions:
- After Avast Antivirus is completely removed from your PC, refer to the relevant article for installation instructions:
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Avast Premier 18.x
- Avast Internet Security 18.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 18.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit