Discontinuation of Avast Omni
Why is Avast Omni being discontinued?
We have decided to stop developing Avast Omni so that we can focus all our efforts on our other security, privacy, and identity products.
What does discontinuation of Avast Omni mean?
Discontinuation of Avast Omni means that your Avast Omni hub and application will no longer work after December 10, 2021. On this date, we will turn off the back-end technology that supports this product and Avast Omni will stop protecting your connected devices. The Avast Omni app will automatically switch to our free antivirus product, so you will continue to have antivirus protection on your devices.
When will Avast Omni stop working?
On December 10, 2021 we will turn off the back-end technology that supports the Avast Omni hub and application. From this date, Avast Omni will stop protecting your connected devices.
What will happen when Avast Omni stops working?
Your Avast Omni hub will stop protecting your connected devices and should be removed from your home network. The Avast Omni app will automatically switch to our free antivirus product, so you will continue to have antivirus protection on your devices.
After December 10, 2021, you will get:
- A proportional refund for the remaining time left on your Avast Omni subscription.
- A free 1-year Avast One Family subscription. For details on how to start using your new subscription, refer to the Avast One subscription details section of this article.
Is there another Avast product replacing Omni?
The Avast Omni hub will not be replaced. However, we recommend all our Avast Omni customers install Avast One on their Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices for complete antivirus protection. We are providing all Avast Omni customers with a free 1-year subscription for Avast One Family. For more information about Avast One, refer to the following article:
Will I get a refund on my subscription?
Avast Omni customers will automatically receive a refund for the remaining period of their paid subscription. Additionally, Avast Omni customers will receive a free 1-year subscription for Avast One Family.
When and how will my Avast Omni subscription be refunded?
All Avast Omni subscriptions will be refunded on December 10, 2021. The refund will go to the account/payment card you used to purchase Avast Omni. It may take several days for the refund to appear in your bank account.
Where can I find details about my new Avast One subscription?
Avast One is our latest, all-in-one service that keeps your entire family safe online with an award-winning antivirus, a VPN, data breach monitoring, and device cleanup tools. Avast One Family can be used on up to 30 devices. For more information about Avast One, refer to the following article:
After installing Avast One, you are prompted to sign in to your Avast Account, which will automatically activate your new Avast One Family subscription. Alternatively, sign in to your Avast Account and click the My Subscriptions tile to view your Avast One subscription details.
How can I contact Avast about my Avast Omni subscription?
US-based customers can contact us via our dedicated Avast Omni phone number: +1 (855) 746-4118
Alternatively, click the link below to fill out our Avast Support contact form. An Avast Support agent will respond to your message.
Disconnecting and uninstalling
Do I need to reconfigure my router before disconnecting the Avast Omni hub?
Most customers will not need to reconfigure their router. However, if you switched your router to DHCP mode before connecting it to your Avast Omni hub, you will need to switch your router back to ARP mode before disconnecting the Avast Omni hub.
To check which mode your router is in, open the Avast Omni application and go to
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Omni hub ▸ Troubleshooting.
- If you see the Start ARP setup button, your router is currently in DHCP mode. Click Start ARP setup and follow the on-screen instructions to switch your router back to ARP mode.
- If you see the Start DHCP setup button, your router is in ARP mode and you can safely disconnect your Avast Omni hub from your router.
How do I uninstall the Avast Omni app?
We recommend uninstalling the Avast Omni Family Member app from all devices before uninstalling the Avast Omni Family Guardian app. On Android devices, it is important to first unpair the device from the Avast Omni Family Guardian app, before starting uninstallation. In most cases, uninstallation will fail unless you unpair the Android device first.
For detailed instructions, refer to the following articles:
How do I disconnect the Avast Omni hub from my router?
We recommend first disconnecting the power cable. Unplug the power cable from your Avast Omni hub, then unplug the power cable from your electrical power socket.
Your Avast Omni hub is now only connected to your router by the network (ethernet) cable. Unplug this cable from the Avast Omni hub, then unplug the other end of the cable from your router.
What should I do with my Avast Omni hub? How can I dispose of it safely?
You can put the Avast Omni hub (and cables) in your local recycling bin for electrical goods.
- Avast Omni 21.x for Windows
- Avast Omni 21.x for Mac
- Avast Omni 1.x for Android
- Avast Omni 1.x for iOS
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 12.x (Monterey)
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) or higher
- Apple iOS 11.0 or higher
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch