A subscription purchased in the Avast SecureLine VPN app is automatically activated on the Android device you use to make the purchase. A subscription purchased through another Avast sales channel, such as the Avast Store or an offer within another Avast product, needs to be manually activated. If you want to use your Avast SecureLine VPN subscription on another device, you also need to manually activate it. The number of devices you can activate depends on the subscription you purchased.
Locate your activation code
Using an activation code (sometimes called a voucher or subscription code) is the standard method to manually activate an Avast SecureLine VPN subscription. You can find your activation code in:
- Avast SecureLine VPN app: if you purchased a subscription via the Avast SecureLine VPN app on your mobile device.
- Order confirmation email: if you purchased a subscription from the Avast Store or another Avast product on your PC or Mac.
- Another Avast app: if you purchased a subscription via another Avast app on your mobile device.
For detailed instructions on how to locate your activation code, refer to the following article:
Activate Avast SecureLine VPN on an Android device
- Tap the Avast SecureLine VPN icon on the home screen of your device to open the app.
- Tap the
⋮menu icon (three dots) and select Already Purchased?.
- Select Use voucher.
- Type or paste your activation code into the text box and tap Continue to complete the activation. Refer to the instructions above to locate your activation code.
- Your Avast SecureLine VPN subscription is activated.
Alternative activation options
Avast SecureLine VPN also allows you to choose from other activation options:
- Refresh from Google Play Store: if you change or reset your Android device, you can use this option to reactivate Avast SecureLine VPN via the Google Play store account that you used to make the purchase.
- Restore with Avast Account: if you purchased a subscription from the Avast Store or another Avast product on your PC or Mac, you can use this option to activate Avast SecureLine VPN using your Avast Account registered with the same email address that you used during the subscription purchase. If you purchased a subscription from within the Avast SecureLine VPN app, you need to first connect to your Avast Account using the device that was used to make the purchase and then you can use this option to activate Avast SecureLine VPN on other devices.
- Avast SecureLine VPN 5.x for Android
- Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich, API 15) or higher