This article contains information to help you verify the source of an unexpected charge from Avast on your billing statement, as well as troubleshoot issues relating to your Avast order.
How do charges from Avast appear on my billing statement?
Avast has partnered with established eCommerce providers that manage the online sales and distribution of our products and services.
The list below includes the different descriptors used by each of our authorized partners:
- Digital River:
- Digital River, Digital River Company, DigRiv Ireland Ltd, DRI, DRIAvast, DR*Avast
- Allsoft (Softline Group company):
- NILTASOFT LIMITED (for the Czech Republic and Poland), ALMATY/SOFTLINE (for Kazakhstan), MOSKVA.G AVAST (for Russia), KYIV/PAYMASTER.UA (for Ukraine), Avast Assist (for all supported countries)
- Nexwaysoftware.com, Avast/Nexway, Nexway SAS, Nexway S.A.R.L.
- CBA*AVAST Software s.r.o
How do Avast subscriptions work?
Avast products are sold as continuous subscriptions. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each billing cycle unless you manually cancel it. Before payment is taken, you receive a notification email from Avast, which informs you about the upcoming charge and contains instructions to cancel your subscription. The date of payment varies according to your purchased subscription type:
- 1, 2, and 3-year subscriptions: Your billing date can be up to 35 days before the start of the next subscription period (for another 1 year).
- Monthly subscriptions: Your billing date is 7 days before the expiration date for Digital River, 1 day before the expiration date for 2Checkout, and the final day of your subscription for Softline and Cleverbridge.
- Avast trial subscriptions: Your billing date is the final day of your free-trial period.
You can see a list of your current Avast subscriptions in your Avast Account.
Where can I see a list of my payments to Avast?
You can view your full Avast payment history via your Avast Account. This includes the date that each payment was made and the Avast product that was purchased.
How can I verify my active Avast subscriptions?
You can see a list of your active Avast subscriptions in your Avast Account.
Why was I charged for a free-trial version of an Avast product?
When you activate a free-trial version of an Avast product, you are sometimes prompted to enter payment details. This is called a pre-authorized trial. When the pre-authorized trial ends, you are charged the price of a 1-year subscription for the relevant product. If you cancel your subscription before the pre-authorized trial ends, you are not charged. Before payment is taken, you receive a notification email from Avast, which informs you about the upcoming charge and contains instructions to cancel your subscription.
How can I cancel an Avast subscription?
For detailed instructions to cancel your Avast subscription, refer to the following articles:
- Canceling a subscription via your Avast Account
- Canceling an Avast subscription via Google Play Store or the App Store
- Alternative methods for canceling an Avast subscription
How can I request a refund from Avast?
For detailed information about Avast's refund policy and instructions to request a refund, refer to the following article:
What can I do if I still don't know why I was charged?
If you are still unable to verify the source of an Avast charge, contact Avast Support. To help us resolve your issue as quickly as possible, ensure you include the following information in your request:
- Your name
- Any email addresses you actively use
- Your address
- The date you were charged
- The amount paid and the currency used for payment
- The full description of the charge on your billing statement
- For payments made by credit or debit card:
- Your card provider (for example, Visa or Mastercard)
- The last 4 digits of the card number used for payment
- For payments made via PayPal:
- Your PayPal Invoice ID. You can find this in the order confirmation email you receive from PayPal, or in your PayPal account. Your PayPal Invoice ID is the same as your Avast order ID.
After sending your request, an Avast Support agent may contact you to request a screenshot, or further details about the charge.
- All paid Avast software products
- All supported operating systems
Updated on: 21/07/2022