Before you begin the installation, ensure that all other programs and internet browsers are closed, and any previous antivirus software is uninstalled.
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra), Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra), Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite), Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks).
- Intel based Mac computer with 64-bit processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred).
- 256 MB minimum hard disk free space.
- Internet connection (to download and register the product, for automatic updates of the program and antivirus database).
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
Install Avast Security
- Download the Avast Security for Mac setup file by clicking the button below and save it to a familiar location on your Mac. Download Avast Security for Mac
- Double-click the downloaded setup file
avast_security_online.dmgand select Avast Security.
- Click Continue to determine if Avast Security can be installed.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue to confirm that you have read Avast End User License Agreement.
- Click Agree to confirm that you accept the terms.
- You may be offered to install additional protection products. If so, select your preferred products and click Continue.
- Click Install. If you would like to make changes to the default setup click Change Install Location or Customize.
- Type your administrator User Name with Password and click Install Software.
- Click Close.
- Click Move to Trash to remove the installer.
For the activation instructions, refer to the following article:
- Avast Security 13.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)